Midsteeple Quarter is a very exciting community-led project for the town of Dumfries to buy back its High Street and for local people to lead on a contemporary living, working, socializing, learning and enterprising quarter in the heart of the town.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative person to support the project team and Board as our communications lead. Initially we can offer a fixed term contract of 10 hours per week at £10 per hour guaranteed until October 2019 (further extension is funding dependent)
You will be joining a highly motivated, experienced and creative team and will be part of one of the most exciting community regeneration projects in Scotland. Check out our website and social media to see the key role communications play for us.
If successful, your role would include:
- Providing the Board of Midsteeple Quarter with public relations and communications support
- Implementing the communications strategy for Midsteeple Quarter
- Content creation and management of social media/website
- Press and media coordination (eg writing press releases, responding to media enquiries and coordinating visits by film crews etc)
- Writing and sending out regular updates to Midsteeple Quarter membership
- Marketing events and activities run by Midsteeple Quarter
We’d love to hear from you – please get in touch for a chat and send us a letter of interest and your CV to email@example.com before our deadline of 5pm, Friday 28th June . Interviews will be held in the afternoon of Wednesday 3rd July – by making an application you are declaring yourself available for interview on this date.